The key to living a long and enjoyable life is increasing your health span.
8 Longevity Tips to help you increase your health span
1) Follow the "five a day" nutrition formula. This science backed formula tells you to consume 2 servings of fruit, 3 servings of vegetables a day. 2+3 = 5. Pretty basic and not challenging
2) Spend time sitting on the floor. Yep, i read that a few times too. The thought process behind this is being able to get up and down from a cross leg seated position is similar to performing a squat. Do this 30 or 40 times a day and you have 30 to 40 squats under your exercise belt!
3) Get regular exercise. So in addition to the squats you are doing because now you are sitting on the floor, the 150 minutes per week that JAMA Internal Medicine suggests matches that of the AMA. So 150 minutes a week, that 2 1/2 hours a week. We can all fit that in to add to the number of years we are on this earth
4) Be optimistic about aging. Its going to happen so you may as well go along willingly and with a smile on your face. Help you help yourself live a longer and happier life.
5) Manage your stress.
6) Live in the present. Live in the moment
7) Practice compassion. Caring for others really can help you live a longer and happier life. The Dali Lama said " Compassion opens our heart. Fear, anger, hatred narrow your mind"
So whether you actually live to 150 or not, make the years that you have on this planet the happiest and healthiest you can